Monday, August 17, 2009

lately..

It's been a while since I've posted last. Mainly because I've been having to pull myself out of this deep funk that I've been in lately. Between wanting so desperately to find a house that we can afford and trying to find a job, it's just been a little depressing. I'm ok.. mentally exhausted.. but ok. I am, however, working on a few projects by myself. Just some ideas for some rooms. Because we are saving for a house money is limited; therefore, I haven't been the most social person. AutoCAD has been my best friend lately. I love that I can throw on some trance music and just draw til my hearts content. The most recent CAD project for me has been designing a budget realistic office for myself and the many design essentials that seem to follow me around. Here are some of the preliminary drawings of it:

A: tabletop to put my drafting table on
B: Flat Files
C: Computer Desk
D: Countertop w/open slots underneath for boards
E & F: Upper & lower cabinet storage
G: Cubbie hole storage







This is the elevation from the center with the center island included. The corner upper cabinets will be open shelving. I also plan to have a cork and maybe magnetic backsplash between the uppers and lowers.





This is the elevation of the flatfiles and some pens/pencils/markers holders I came up with. It will be a solid piece of wood that angles slightly off the wall and has holes cut into them. In the holes, there will be plastic buckets to catch the markers, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment