Saturday, January 23, 2010

  • All of the family is gone today, but yesterday was a GREAT day! While I was at work I got a call from an unknown number. But they did leave a voicemail and my jaw dropped when I listened. It was from Cleo's! Now, because I haven't been updating regularly at all, no one knows that I saw an ad in the paper a couple weeks ago saying that they wanted a sales associate. No one knows that I got all dressed up, when down there, filled out an application, and had two on the spot interviews right there. No one knows that I got called back earlier this week saying that they wanted to do a follow up interview. And no one knows that they called me that same day and told me that they had given the job to someone who had four years experience in furniture sales.
Now, back to the point...
  • My voicemail was from the same lady at Cleo's that told me I hadn't got the job. She said that her manager had come in the store yesterday and decided that because of tax season, they could really use another person! She asked me if I was still interested (um... YEAH!). So after talking to my current boss, we worked it out where I would work through the rest of this month in the mornings, and go train at Cleo's in the afternoon.
  • I'm so sad to be leaving the community center, mainly because of the kids. It has been nice to catch up with old friends, and obviously very comfortable getting off at noon everyday and being able to do whatever I want the rest of the afternoon. But I know that this is a step in the right direction for me. And not only for me, but for the goals that Tim & I share in starting our lives together (again).

No comments:

Post a Comment