- Oh my goodness! So today was my first day at Cleo's. It was pretty good. No, I haven't sold anything yet, but the experience was nice. The people were very welcoming, and I've already learned a lot!
- My shoes, however, did not make it 30 minutes in! They felt great on my feet, but the sole in them was already coming out in the toe! Needless to say, they will be returned to the store!
- I'm really think I wouldn't be as tired at this moment if it hadn't been for me also working the community center this morning too. 8am-12pm there, then 1pm-7:30pm at Cleo's barely left me anytime to eat! But luckily Tim was there and made me cinnamon roll oatmeal this morning, a whole can (yes... I was hungry) of ravioli for lunch, and reheated the yummy tacos for dinner when I got home tonight. .... I have a winner!!!
- Oh! P.S. - The pic is of the awesome night light my in-laws got me for Christmas. I just felt it about time that it showed up in one of our many pictures. So I leave you with a quote: "Oh, look at that! Will you look at that? Isn't that glorious? It's... it's... it's indescribably beautiful! It reminds me of the Fourth of July!" - of course, from A Christmas Story
Monday, January 25, 2010
Saturday, January 23, 2010
- All of the family is gone today, but yesterday was a GREAT day! While I was at work I got a call from an unknown number. But they did leave a voicemail and my jaw dropped when I listened. It was from Cleo's! Now, because I haven't been updating regularly at all, no one knows that I saw an ad in the paper a couple weeks ago saying that they wanted a sales associate. No one knows that I got all dressed up, when down there, filled out an application, and had two on the spot interviews right there. No one knows that I got called back earlier this week saying that they wanted to do a follow up interview. And no one knows that they called me that same day and told me that they had given the job to someone who had four years experience in furniture sales.
Now, back to the point...
- My voicemail was from the same lady at Cleo's that told me I hadn't got the job. She said that her manager had come in the store yesterday and decided that because of tax season, they could really use another person! She asked me if I was still interested (um... YEAH!). So after talking to my current boss, we worked it out where I would work through the rest of this month in the mornings, and go train at Cleo's in the afternoon.
- I'm so sad to be leaving the community center, mainly because of the kids. It has been nice to catch up with old friends, and obviously very comfortable getting off at noon everyday and being able to do whatever I want the rest of the afternoon. But I know that this is a step in the right direction for me. And not only for me, but for the goals that Tim & I share in starting our lives together (again).
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Today was nice, we are currently waiting the arrival of my Aunt, cousin, and my cousin's baby. I spent most this week working on my application materials to send off to Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD). I'm so ready to start in March, keeping my fingers crossed that I actually get in! My digital portfolio looks awesome! I must say I'm pretty proud.
Eventually I'll get around to posting some of the crafts that I've been up to lately. I made a ton of rice bags for Christmas presents, a purse roll to hold all of my junk that goes from one purse to another, and I've already started on Christmas goodies for 2010.
Well, I'm off to wait, tomorrow's another day!