Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Method

A few months ago I was browsing through Garden Ridge's book collection (which is about the only good thing left about Garden Ridge). The usual random craft and design books were selected. But there was one book that stood out to me. It's called "Squeaky Green." I read through the book for a whole week taking detailed notes and getting really into some of the eco-friendly methods. At the end of the book I noticed that they had a website and decided to check it out. On the website (www.methodhome.com) I found that they had products for keeping your house clean. A night or two later Tim & I made a trip to Lowes to check some of them out. We picked up shower sprays, scrubs, anywhere sprays, liquid soaps. A couple of months later, and we still love them! The book suggested not throwing away your current products, but to buy new ones as you use up your old not-so-eco-friendly.
For the liquid soap we currently have "sweet water." It's name says it all, just a light sweetness smell. The daily shower spray is great and doesn't have a harsh smell to it. The shower scrub has tiny pieces of granite in it along with a eucalyptus fragrance, which is great for clearing your sinuses! The anywhere spray is great for after dinner clean up. I even have a wish list for other products as we use up or old ones such as the floor mop. It has an ergonomic design with a washable microfiber cloth on the end (think swiffer). Then you buy polish based on the type of floor you're cleaning (wood, tile etc.). Also, there are dish tabs for your dishwasher (kind of like the finish tabs) that are on my list.
Other items that are too expensive for my taste include their laundry products. Laundry detergent and fabric softener will have to come down in price before I will even consider buying them. I still have my economical over-sized laundry soaps from Sam's to use up before I worry about that. And even then, Sam's has come out with a great smelling eco-friendly laundry detergent that is priced perfectly for our wallet!

~Melissa~

No comments:

Post a Comment