Monday, January 16, 2012

Bed Rest:

Bed rest is absolutely no fun! I'm voting totally against it! The original thought of it was ok... having your meals brought to you and being pampered. But I'm one of those people that in the middle of the obsessive list making gets a hair-brained idea to go do something crafty or realize that something needs to be cleaned. This, of course, cannot happen because I'm not allowed to get up. AAARRGGHH!

My mother was sweet last night and sent steaks, a salad and peach turnovers for me! All of which were delicious! Tonight however; it's eat whatever's in the fridge, or as my husband likes to call it "fridging it!"

All this has sparked the idea that I need to take a weekend and make up a bunch of freeze-ahead meals. Hopefully it'll help in times like these when I can't get in the kitchen to cook. I'd make soups and casserole starters along with even some dessert and easy breakfast things.

Heres my list so far:

-Chicken Enchilada Soup
-Pork Chops & Rice
-Chili
-Meatloaf
-Smoothie Mixes
-Pizza Pocket Pies (Beef, Sausage & Pepperoni)
-Various Flavors of Dessert Pocket Pies (Apple, Peach...)
-Cooked Ground Beef (great for quick meals)
-Cooked &Shredded Chicken (also great for quick meals)

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Here's an idea on how I'd like my freezer to look (notice how organized it is!):

No comments:

Post a Comment