Thursday, January 26, 2012

Freeze-Ahead Week:


This week has been all about getting ahead on meal planning! After my post last week, I decided to get cooking. I'm still not at 100%, so I've been a little slow, but i feel I've made some progress. Mom was awesome and took me to the store over the weekend so I could buy supplies for this week. She even got a good deal on a couple of roasts and left one at my house so I wouldn't have to do any heavy cooking for a night!

So far my freezer is packed with:

•2 bags of baked/chopped chicken breasts

•1/2 of a yummy cooked roast (thanks mom!!!)

•BBQ pulled pork (great for sandwiches

•2 bags of chicken enchilada soup

•frozen bananas, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries.

•yogurt cubes (I froze them using a mini muffin tin)

Now, originally I was going to measure out individual smoothie servings with different fruit combinations to make quick grab bags. But somewhere between the green freak in me and having a good case of the "can't want to's," I decided not to. It doesn't take a lot of time to throw whatever fruit you want in the blender with some yogurt, milk and honey. Not to mention all the little snack bags you would have to use! This is a huge waste of money, let alone the environment (yeah, my green side won this battle)!

Hopefully all this prep & cooking will make it easier when neither one of us feel like cooking. At that point all we have to do is reach in the freezer, defrost and VOILA!!! Dinner is served!

~Melissa~

No comments:

Post a Comment